01 April 2011

Functional Art

Shortly after we moved into our house a couple of years ago, my husband built an enclosure for our deep freeze which added a nice stretch of counter space to the kitchen (the freezer rolls out on caster wheels). However, the wall above the freezer has remained empty because I could not figure out what could adorn such a large space with grace (a framed bowl of fruit was NOT the look I was going for!) One day, after I was fed up with rummaging through too-deep cupboards for a sauce pan, it hit me (an idea, not the saucepan). I (sweetly) asked my man for some help in the kitchen, and after tossing around a few ideas, here is what we came up with:




The wood and screws cost less than $15, and it only took my husband about 30 minutes to assemble (I, however, took at LEAST that long arranging the pans "just so"!). How's that for a cheap piece of art?

No comments:

Post a Comment